Distance Learning Center
The KSU Distance Learning Center (DLC) resides in the Office of Technology Enhanced Learning and has locations on the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses. The DLC is a “one-stop shop” for faculty designing and building distance learning content and courses. Its instructional designers and digital media specialists provide faculty with administrative and technological support for the creation, delivery, and enhancement of academic classes and programs delivered through technology-enhanced mediums (online, hybrid/blended, and open).
The DLC engages in the following activities:
- Supports faculty in the conceptualization, design, construction and delivery of online, hybrid and open courses.
- Identifies, disseminates, and integrates new technologies to support distance learning.
- Provides digital-media support and resources to online and technology enhanced academic degree programs.
- Coordinates student support services for fully online and partially online students including technology support, tutoring and academic support, testing, advising and registration.
- Provides faculty with closed captioning support for course web-based audio/video files;
- Provides faculty with training and support in producing accessible course web-based content to ensure university compliance with federal law and USG policy.
- Coordinates its efforts closely with other KSU units that serve distance and technology enhanced students, faculty and programs.